The majority of homeowners policies do not provide flood coverage.  There are a select few insurance companies that provide an optional flood endorsement to provide flood coverage.

However, a separate flood insurance policy is more commonly purchased through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIO) and private flood insurance programs.  These policies provide coverage to reduce the impact of flooding on private and public structures.

Remember, there is a difference between flood damage and water damage.  Flood is defined as a general and temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of two or more acres of normally dry land area or of two or more properties (at least one of which is the policyholder’s property) from:

  • the overflow of inland or tidal waters; or
  • unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source; or
  • mudflow; or
  • collapse or subsidence of land along the shore of a lake or a similar body of water as a result of erosion or undermining caused by waves or currents of water exceeding anticipated cyclical levels that result in a flood as defined above.

Looking for flood insurance? Contact our office and a member of our team will help you identify the right coverage for your needs.

Have a Question? Get In Touch

Please fill out the form and one of our agents will contact you shortly.

  • ZIP / Postal Code * Required